Scaling a business requires having scalable payment processes. Dwolla’s programmable payments infrastructure has been engineered to support an electronic disbursement option from the dashboard or a total integration into an application for users to attach a bank account and move money.
This helpful list will prepare your business for an API integration and Dwolla’s Application Approval Process.
We want to make sure we can work together. Dwolla is unable to support sole proprietorships and businesses in the following industries:
- Adult Entertainment (including prostitution and escort services)
- Controlled Substances
- Debt Collection, Debt Relief or Debt Counseling
- Gun Services
- Multi-Level Marketing
- Pawn Shops
- Products or Services Promoting Hate, Violence, Harassment or Abuse
- Payment Platforms with an Intent to Resell (talk to us about a partnership!)
Operating in certain industries will require a Scale or Enterprise contract.
Choose the pricing tier that works best for your business. Start transacting quickly and pay for what you use or customize a plan for a predictable monthly price.
- Pay-As-You-Go: Create an account to get a jump start on providing the business information we’re required to verify.
- Scale or Enterprise: Faster transfer speeds and higher transaction limits, plus access to additional features and services.
Before processing payments, Dwolla will need to review your integration to ensure that our requirements are met. We recommend starting the integration process three-to-four weeks before your intended launch date to plan for feedback from our review team.
Here’s what to expect during Dwolla’s Application Approval Process:
Configure Email Notifications
Dwolla has pre-built notifications—simply upload your information and choose which events should trigger a notification to your users. (If you are only sending payouts, you’re not required to use these).
We require that you communicate Dwolla’s role in the payment process within your application’s Terms of Service.
Information Security Review
To align our security expectations, we perform onboarding assessments on basic components of the security practices that are incorporated into applications integrating with our platform.
After completing your integration and demonstrating that all integration requirements are met, production access will be granted.