If you’re a software company looking to expand your services and add invaluable functionality to your offering, a payments integration may be the key that you’re looking for. For example, if you’re a construction project management platform—payments can be an invaluable addition to the services that you provide your customers.
Dwolla’s Access API offers a powerful integration with the U.S. banking infrastructure, making ACH payments simple and flexible in a way that looks and feels like the way a modern payment solution should.
The Access API is technology agnostic—meaning that you can easily integrate our payment API alongside other payment or API solutions that your platform needs to do business. For example, we’ve seen marketplaces implement credit card solutions on the frontend to accept payments and integrate Dwolla’s bank-to-bank transfer and bank verification services on the backend to facilitate wallet-like and/or direct deposit-like functionality.
So, what makes our API for payments so developer friendly? Some of the functionality includes:
- White labeled by design
- RESTful API
- HAL forms
- Events and webhook subscriptions
- Pre-authorized transactions
- Facilitator fee functionality
- Hold balances (digital wallet)
- Expedited transfers (Next Day ACH or Same Day ACH)
- Mass payments
- Bank account verification
- Wire transfers
The Access API is a culmination of our efforts over the last 6 years building a payments API with security and user experience in mind. We don’t see security and compliance practices as simply checking a box, we believe it’s something that should be encompassed in all aspects of the payment solution, and something that customers expect and deserve. We’ve put in the time and resources to become payment experts, so you shouldn’t have to.
Here are some examples of companies that have seen real results from building in a more streamlined and automated payments process into their platform or application:
- The simplified funds flow and notifications decreased cashout related support tickets by 80% and time to resolution by 50%. Now sellers have two cash out options: cash out directly to a bank account or use the new “Account Balance” to buy new sneakers from its marketplace.
- By owning the customer experience from end to end, the partner has eliminated the need to redirect sellers to multiple third party sites in order to register for different digital wallets, simply to receive sneaker payments to their bank accounts. This has reduced sellers’ time to liquidity from up to 7 days to an average of 2, and increased bank transfer payouts by 50 percent.
- The partner was able to quickly and deeply integrate the Access API, launching a branded bank transfer option to their sellers in just 10 days—quickly stopping the 2 to 3% bleed caused by credit card payouts.
- The real-time status updates from the API let the partner confidently leverage the ACH infrastructure to automate payment flows—rent payments, late fees, and reversals. The partner decreased time spent on manually processing reversals by 90% while simultaneously improving transaction-related communications.
- By integrating bank verification processes, the partner was able to decrease their regulatory and compliance challenges, and their total number of reversals by 23%.
- By lowering their costs of facilitating ACH payments and entering a predictable pricing model, the partner was able to eliminate the monthly fee for landlords to access their property management tool. Rent payments were charged on a transaction basis giving more flexibility and value to their customers.
What could you and your platform provide to your customers by integrating the Access API? Get started testing in our sandbox environment for free, or contact our sales team to get started planning out your ideal payments integration.
Dwolla, Inc. is an agent of Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank and all funds associated with your account in our network are held in pooled accounts at Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank. These funds are not eligible for individual insurance, including FDIC insurance and may not be eligible for share insurance by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Dwolla, Inc. is the operator of a software platform that communicates user instructions for funds transfers to Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank.