Dwolla’s payment API allows developers to build software on top of the U.S. bank infrastructure to make ACH easier. Yes, we said ACH—but we’re fast. Partners have the ability to build an integration that sends ACH transfers Next Day, or even leverage Same Day ACH.
White labeled by design
- Build a powerful payments integration into your own user interface
- Leverage our connections to banks beneath your branding
Bank verification services
- Instant account verification
Take a facilitator fee for facilitating transactions
- Percentage of a transaction
- Flat transaction fee
Built with security in mind, but doesn’t compromise user experience
- Limit sensitive information on your servers
- Tokenization that replaces high-value data
- Be alerted of varying transaction statuses via webhooks
- ACH with a modern upgrade
Integration and partner support
- We support you from beginning and throughout our partnership
- Developer integration support
- Dedicated account manager
However, integrating an API for payments has to be difficult, right? Not when it comes to the Access API—getting started is as simple as creating customers, linking their financial accounts, and sending payments, all in just a few API calls.
The Access API is powerful not only in functionality, but in its flexibility and ease of integration. We don’t believe it should take you months (or years) and countless developer cycles to build payments into your application or software. We’ve spent years becoming experts in payments technology, and it shows in our RESTful API.
The API is continuously enhanced, and always with security at the forefront of our minds. We don’t spend so much time focusing on building a secure platform just to check a box, it’s something that we value and is a critical component to providing a valuable service to your customers.
We also believe that it’s our duty to arm you with the necessary guides and integration information so that you can run with customizing your ideal payments process. We provide you a comprehensive implementation guide that clearly lays out integration requirements, as well as extensive API documentation and getting started guides. Access API partners will also be given access to a Slack channel that they’ll be able to use to communicate with our developer support team, so that any obstacles that they encounter can be worked through in a timely and effective manner. A dedicated account manager will provide support throughout the entirety of the integration and will be available to the partner to answer any questions that come up from integration to post launch.
So, what are you looking to build? We have a plethora of partners across many industries that have built the Access API into their platforms to solve for previous payments issues or to add new functionality to their offerings.
- By configuring and customizing its customer onboarding experience to seamlessly collect financial information, the partner saw a 30% increase in customer registration completion and reduced individual customer onboarding time by 50%.
- The partner was able to integrate Dwolla’s White Label receive-only functionality in two weeks with their single developer. With predictable month-over-month pricing, the partner can scale without worrying about unpredictable processing costs.
- The flexibility and payment automation of the Dwolla API allowed the partner’s team to decrease time spent on manual accounts payable tasks by 100%, effectively automating and eliminating any in-house work for payroll enrollment. By decreasing time spent on processing payouts by 8 hours each week, the partner netted an estimated savings of $1,200 per month.
- The partner was able to integrate Dwolla’s White Label receive-only functionality in two weeks with 1 developer. The partner on boarded 43% of its active creators within 3 weeks of launching its new payouts process, accelerating its rate of return from improvements in cost-efficiencies.
- By lowering its costs of facilitating ACH payments and entering a predictable pricing model, the partner was able to reduce its payouts processing costs by 31% in the first month. At the rate in which the partner is growing its platform, it expects to increase this savings by 94% by the end of 2017.
- The flexibility and payment automation of the Dwolla API allowed the partner’s accounting department to decrease time spent on manual accounts payable tasks by 50% (and they expect to increase time saved as they scale and increase the level of automation), while drastically reducing reconciliation errors. Transfer times from the partner to its creators were reduced from 10 business days to 1-2 business days.
What can you do with our payment API? Start building in our sandbox environment for free to get a feel for all that the Access API has to offer. When you want to get started, simply give our friendly sales team a call.
Dwolla, Inc. is an agent of Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank and all funds associated with your account in our network are held in pooled accounts at Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank. These funds are not eligible for individual insurance, including FDIC insurance and may not be eligible for share insurance by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Dwolla, Inc. is the operator of a software platform that communicates user instructions for funds transfers to Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank.